Thursday, January 31, 2013

Please Pray with Me

 Dear Support system,

Michael and I are asking for your prayers.  I have created a Prayer Calendar below.  It describes what I will be praying for from February 1st through the 15th.  As many of you know, the Lesotho adoption matching meeting is coming up on the 15th.  This is how I would like to mark off the days until that date.

If you would like join in my 15 day prayer extravaganza ;) , I can text you a daily reminder of what I am praying for on that date, and you can join me.  I can also send you email reminders. (I am being serious) Or, you can print this off and hang it somewhere you will remember.  Please send me an email taramglenn@yahoo.com, or let me know on Facebook if and how you would like to join me.

February 1
Orphans Across the Globe
Today I will lift up orphans in prayer.  Not only the children who have been orphaned, but the adults who still yearn for relationships lost. The Lord is the Father to the fatherless.  I pray that His children feel his love and comfort, healing and mercy.

February 2
For the Adoption Process-The Lesotho Side
Today I pray for our adoption process.  I pray that any red tape be alleviated. That the Lord form those miracles that we do not even know are needed.  I pray for blessings for the government officials, social workers, attorneys, and judges as they work to save the lives of their kingdom's children.

February 3
For the Adoption Process-US Side
Lord, today I will ask that you work through or walk through any bureaucracy that could slow or hinder this process.  That your will be done, and that no miscommunication or confusion will burden this adoption.

February 4
For the Orphanages in Lesotho
From what I have read, the orphanages are flirting with being over-capacity.  Many have sick children that need healing.  Many have staff that need breaks.  Many have directors that need your guidance and strength.  Lord, today, I pray that you bless these organizations.  The workers, the children, the mission.  I pray that the orphanages are able to attend the meeting on the 15th and that they have had the time to examine and organize their thoughts and feelings about the best options for their children.

February 5
For Rosebud's Brother
Wherever this little man may be, I play for your love and comfort to envelope him.  Hug him and let him know that his mom and dad are waiting for him.  I pray that you transform his heart, and prepare him to be grafted into our family.  Lord, please send people into his life now to comfort him and care for him while we are still so far away.

February 6th-Shout out to my sis on her birthday ;)
For Rosebud
I pray that my little girl has a heart big enough to endure the challenges that may lay ahead as we adjust to a new member with new needs and new behaviors.Prepare her heart.  Help her to always feel loved and cared for by us, even when little brother needs more of our attention in the moment.  I know she will be blessed by adoption as I was, but I always know adjustments do not come easily. Thank you for blessing me with a little girl who will not allow herself to be overlooked.

February 7
For Daddy
Today I pray for my sweet husband.  The rock of our relationship, help him find a strengthened foundation in you.  Please give him clarity, wisdom, understanding and compassion to face the challenges of whatever may lay ahead.  Please prepare his heart for Rosebud's brother. Help him to find encouragement and love from me, his friends, his family, and wherever else you can sneak-attack him from.  Thank you for this man.

February 8
For Mommy
The list of things in which I have a deficit are immense.  Lord I pray for peace of mind, patience, mercy, and wisdom.  Help me to grow into the mother both of my children need me to be.  Help me to seek you and your shelter as this journey continues.  I desire to be a mother who is a blessing to her children.  Please shape me, and prepare my heart.

February 9
Our Director
Cheryl has a heart for the children of Africa.  Lord, I play that you bless her dedication to this continent and its people.  I pray that you sustain her and strengthen her.  She has seen many joys and many heartaches.  Please give her the endurance to continue to serve your children.

February 10
Finances
How blessed are we?  I cannot believe the generosity of our friends, family, and church.  Today, I pray that you orchestrate and line up the rest of the money we need for this journey to continue.  For travel expenses, for our time away from work.  For financial needs we cannot know now.  I trust you to provide for us, as you have already shown your faithfulness every step of this way.  Oh how you love us! and how undeserved! Praise your name!

February 11
Families in Canada, the US, the Netherlands, and Sweden
I want to pray for these families.  I feel connected with them as people also called to this country, also called to find their children.  Lord, I pray that this meeting be fruitful for all of these families.  It has been a long wait for most of us.  We have come a long way.  We are excited to see your work in this.

February 12
For Lesotho
Lord,  today I lift up the Kingdom of Lesotho.  I lift up their government, health care system, child welfare system, for their homeless and hungry.  Lord I pray for miracles in the small kingdom.  That your good news be spread, that hope and mercy are known, and that Lesotho becomes a place of healing.  I pray that a day comes that Basotho children do not need to be sent to homes out of their country, but that they can stay with their families and communities.  Until that day, I pray that you continue to send people to Lesotho, to serve them and share your love.

February 13
Hope, Faith and Assurance
I am planning this prayer calendar 15 days in advance, but to know myself is to know that by the 13th, I will be an antsy, stressball mess.  This is my very nature.  I believe in the Lord's power to take away my worry and anxiety and replace it with great assurance, hope, and faith. I pray that I will seek him in my uncertainty. If this adoption process has taught me anything, it is that he LOVES me and will answer this prayer.

February 14
Tomorrow's Meeting
Lesotho's clock is ahead of us, so I want to pray  today for tomorrow's meeting.  I pray for clarity of mind for the government officials, orphanage staff, social workers, and all other attendees.  I pray that the meeting be a productive one.  That all things are in order and that children and families can be blessed in this process.  I pray for the Lord's glory and that His will be done.  I pray that we are matched with our son.

February 15
For the Wait
Today, I pray for all of our families as we wait.  My family will be waiting to find out if our son is in Lesotho or if we need to keep searching somewhere else.  You told me you have a son for me.  I believe you.  Be with us as we wait.  Help us to praise your name, knowing that you have held this even before it was a curiosity in our minds.  You have this. And today, I pray that if I have a hard time giving all of it to you, that you gently remind me who you are.


Thank you all for your love and support!

Your friend,

T

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and timely. Thanks for such specific and guided prayers. I don't know if you are anything like me, but my head and heart are mush these days. Thinking of you and your family in these next few days and weeks.
    Blessings,
    S

    ReplyDelete