Monday, April 18, 2011

Excel'ing

I opened up the dossier list from our agency last night.  I was quickly overwhelmed by the amount of work to be done! So I spent some time, and put it all in an Excel spreadsheet... to track what I've requested/received/compiled/etc.  I had no idea how much my husband (an Excel addict)  had influenced me in our 4.5 years of marriage until this moment.  But now, I see the merit in using the program.  There are columns, and color coding, and highlighting. And somehow, all of this has made me feel better. While I have achieved very little in creating the document, I somehow feel slightly more accomplished, slightly more organized, and slightly less behind. 

I understand why adoption is called a paper pregnancy.  I think about my son everyday now.  And so while I do not have a growing belly, I will have a growing dossier binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment