Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pondering but not Worrying

As this process becomes more and more real, something dawned on me. Oh yeah, we don't have the money for this yet.  I am completely faithful, and believe that the Lord has planned this for our lives. It's hard for me to think about relying on other's generosity for this adoption.  It must be some weird combination of not wanting to be selfish but also maybe being a bit prideful. BUT, ultimately, I know that the Lord has called us all to care for the widowed and the orphaned.  We have already been blessed by others who have felt led to contribute to our efforts.  And so, Mike and I are prayerfully considering the ways in which to reach out to others.  There are so many amazing ministries that help adoptive parents with fundraising, that we will be working to determine what is the best fit for our family. I have plans to post our progress soon. 

I am amazed at the Lord's peace about this adoption.  If you know me, you know that I can be a stress-bucket. So it's a miracle that as I sit here with so many unknowns, I feel His calming peace and assurance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment