Tuesday, May 3, 2011

There is no pause button

Life just keeps moving.  I just keep wondering, doesn't Time know that I am trying to get the ball rolling on my adoption? But if Time knows, he doesn't care.  Even though we are going through this process of crazy information gathering, phone calls, preparing, etc., the rest of my life is still going on.  It is not upsetting, it is just weird. I take my eye off this thing called adoption for just a moment, and the next thing I know, six days have gone by and I have not gotten anything  new done.

It just seems so slow going, but life seems so fast.  I'm not sure what I expected.  Because a lot of the information/documents need to wait until after I've transitioned to my new full-time job, it just seems that things must wait. BUT, at the same time, it seems like I can't find the time to retrieve all the paperwork I need that could get done now. And so that is where we are...taking small steps every few days. Like a tiny mouse eating a large pizza.  Its a big task, but I'll get it done. It will just take patience and it might give me indigestion.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment