Thursday, November 3, 2011

Missionaries make good friends

Here is why: One of my fantastic sister-in-laws is a missionary.  She has a friend who is a missionary, who has a friend who is a missionary, who happens to have worked in Lesotho for quite some time and has continued ties to the nation.  Through this kind friend of a friend of a sister-in-law, I have learned so much about Lesotho.  (I plan to add the info to the Lesotho tab, but want to check with her to make sure it is okay with her first. ) I am SURE there are many more reasons missionaries make good friends, but I like to think about what friends can do for me ;) {j/k} and right now, missionary friends are helping me make great connections :)
It has been SO difficult to find out much info about the people, children, music, and food of this nation, and feel so blessed to make this connection and learn so much.  THANKS TO YOU MISSIONARY (you know who you are).  I would put your name in my blog, but I didn’t ask permission….   On top of all that, she provided fantastic insight and ideas for what items to pick up in the nation, what important cultural connections to gather for our son, and other important transition ideas.  I am so excited to continue to pick her brain!  Thanks again!
So far, I have no new news about our dossier or home study. However, our home study agency did send us an official copy, so Michael and I will be able to send off an application to the fundraising organization we are hoping to partner with. We are hoping to get that finished up and sent out by Monday.  We continued to be blessed by friends and family.  Thanks to all of you.  It makes me cry a bit, and I’m usually not able to type about it.  There I go.  Anyway, thank you all for your loving support!  Will continue to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment