Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 17th-How will we wait?

Good Morning All,

After today, there will be only three days left of this stretch of our wait.  On the 20th, we will learn how we will begin waiting again. Will we be waiting to meet our son? Will we be waiting to get our paperwork completed to change country programs?  We won't know until Wednesday!

I wrote a prayer request days ago for today's date, thinking that I would be a crazy mess.  But, I have gotten off the hope/distress roller coaster.  It feels nice to feel settled.  I praise the Lord for this and thank my friends for their prayers, because calm is not a natural state for me in these types of situations, so I know the Lord has granted me peace. And actually, I feel pretty excited.  I dare to give way to the Lord's promise that He has a son for me.  If the 20th comes and goes without us finding our son, I am sure I will be disappointed, but the Lord has grown my faith in the last week, so that I can say... the search will just continue.  Whatever the path that leads to our son, I believe in His purpose. 

So the answer to how will I wait is this: expectantly. hopefully.  faithfully. leaning on my friends and family who I cherish and rely on, people I have been gifted with.  and with excitement.

I read a quote that feels relevant to the situation my family and many others are currently going through.  And really, pretty applicable to life in general: "I have learned that faith means trusting in advance what  will only makes sense in reverse" -Phillip Yancy.   

So today I stand on faith and hope, the little that I have and the rest that the Lord has supplemented.

Because of this, I would like to change my Prayer Extravaganza prayer request for today.  I would love for you to continue to pray for Hope, Faith and Assurance for me and  the other families.  But I think instead of that being the focus, I would like to pray for this....


 (Random pretty clock picture).

February 17
His Timing
Dear Heavenly Father, today I pray for your timing.  As I turn this adoption over to you again, I praise your name and know that you have a plan and purpose. I pray for your perfect timing for possible life changes, for travel, for Rosebud, for all of it! As you orchestrate your plan for your children, I pray that all things be done according to your will.  That our family comes together in the way that only you can now know, and that we have thankful and expectant hearts as we know you work all things together for good. Let our hearts rejoice!

Thanks all!  And for those who I am waiting with... I am praying for your families too!

Tara G

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tara,

    You are in my prayers today as I know it is a big day. My husband and I are one of the families that decided to switch countries in December, however, our hearts are still in Lesotho and we pray that God's will be done in this situation for all the children there. May God bless you and your journey.

    Jaclyn C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jaclyn!

    I still follow your blog! Thank you for your prayers! I see that the ball is rolling for you in Ethiopia. Praying for your journey too! The Lord's plans can have such a strange way of unfolding!

    Thanks again,

    T

    ReplyDelete