Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Too much and too little to say.

I find myself having so much! and so little to say.  Not much is new in the process EXCEPT.....

We have pictures of M!  What a miracle.  He appears healthy and well loved. He has big adorable cheeks an large sweet eyes.

We are preparing for him. Friends and family are lending us warm clothes in his approximate size as we are hoping to travel in Africa's autumn.  We have transitioned our office/playroom into an empty space, soon to be filled with nursery items.  Rosebud wears a necklace with an African pendant, with a heart cut out where Lesotho is. She tells everyone that is where her brother lives.

I love this little man so much! I can't wait to meet him. And yet, I feel a calm patience about the time line.  We were told to be ready to travel in May, however, our paperwork appears to have slowed down.  So it may be later.  And while a part of me fights to become upset and stressed about that, there is a serenity that is allowing me to rest and wait.  I was telling a friend of mine that I feel that I have a front row seat to a miracle.  Watching Christ love my son, seeking and providing for  M's need.  I am prayerful that my son's identity can become not that of an orphan, but that of a child of God.  One who was sought after, loved, cherished.  All of the orchestration!  For my son and my family.  I rest confidently in the Lord's faithfulness, and I wait on his timing. 

Here is what we pray for:

  • That the Lord go before us and make the adoption and travel plans ready, safe, and unthwartable  (Idon't think that is really a word)
  • That we find the last bit of funding for this adoption.  We have been blessed to be ready for each financial step.  We pray for the last stretch.
  • That we are all ready for the family growth.  For M, for Rosebud, for Michael and I.
  • Praise for a God who sees and loves all of his children!
I have a great joy in my heart! and am so excited to watch the rest of this adventure unfold :)

T

5 comments:

  1. That was written so beautifully. You guys truly are blessed. I cannot wait to meet my new little cousin. Prayers are constantly sent out for you all. And I LOVE her necklace. That's Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for y'all! Love following along your adoption journey....Drew & I hope to adopt one day too!
    -christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you all and can't wait to see your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of anyone more deserving to have that front seat! You have had such a conviction and dedication to have your son, beginning long before most even know. I am sure one day when he is older he will understand what a wonderful gift your love is, that you wanted and loved him before you even knew who him. And what a gift you aee giving to miss rosebud...teaching her the art of loving purely for God's will and love for us! You are blessed and I am blessed ti call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful adventure! We traveled last May, and it was beautiful! Feel free to email me with any questions or for connections in country - kristi@collierbooks.com
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete