Saturday, March 9, 2013

A simple Saturday morning post

I wrote a long post that was all about me.  So I erased it.  Here were the key points:
A. I am embarrassed about my last self-pitying post.  But it is really what I was experiencing, so at least it was honest.
B. I had a stressful job.  I decided to leave it. I am sad about it.  But I found what I am calling easy happiness, and I'm grateful for the light feeling of being able to handle things in my life again. I feel like I am rediscovering who I used to be.   I have had lots of joy in my last few years, but lightness was gone. I'm glad its back.
C.  I am optimistic that this easy happiness will help me manage this last stretch of the adoption journey.
D. I am back to feeling excited about M.  I am less worried about the "when?" , and focused more on the "when..." (an expectant less stressful more joyful hope and belief in our shared future).



This is a picture of Sani Pass in Lesotho. I love images of my son's country.  I also like the loopyness
of this road.  It feels familiar. 
 I feel like we are on the last loop on our way to meet our son :)


So there is that summation.  There is more important stuff for you to know about.

There are some serious needs right now in Lesotho. I am sharing the blog below, as it depicts some of the needs.  My heart breaks for the needs of children both here, in Lesotho, and around the globe.  This blog is from the family running Beautiful Gate, the orphanage where my son lives.  In your prayers today and throughout the week, please lift up this situation, these children, this orphanage, and the family and staff members who are diligently doing the Lord's work.

http://ourbeautifulmission.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment