Thursday, November 1, 2012

Movement and change

Dear friends and family,

I am needing some prayers. First, please continue to pray for the children and families that are impacted by poverty, illness, and hunger that contribute to the abandonment of children. What a scary situation to be in and what deep sadness it must be to realize one of these factors may lead to you having to leave your children. I want to note these very real very serious things because the rest of my post today is very self-absorbed, and I wanted to give it some perspective.  My life is pretty fantastic, and even though I have some prayer requests, I want to hold onto the families that are experiencing so much more need than I.

  I read today on the PEAR blog (http://pear-now.blogspot.com/) that Lesotho is becoming a Hague Convention nation, which is a set of policies intended to safeguard orphans around the world. I am hopeful that this means good things for the children of Lesotho.  What this means for our adoption journey is still to be discovered.   Best case scenario, we will have to regroup and regather information to make appropriate adjustments to become compliant with Hague, which means more waiting and more work. Worst case kind of spirals from there.  I have hope for us, but know that international adoption is a fickle thing.  With all the changes being made within the social welfare department in Lesotho, it appears that the next matching meeting will occur sometime in early 2013.  I am still hoping our family will be considered at that time. I think I will keep hoping that until our time comes :)

Here is why I am asking for prayer: there are a few uncertainties with this change. I don't deal we'll with uncertainties; they freak me out.  I'm going to need the Lord to provide me with supernatural peace. In the last couple of hours after finding out this information, I have already plotted out at least three separate possible options, accounting for the different outcomes I can imagine. I could drive myself mad doing this.  (My husband on the other hand, cool as a cucumber.  Totally able to wait until we hear word about decisions before beginning to stress/plan.)

So that is one prayer: peace. The other is strength and endurance.  My last post was so hopeful, and I still feel some excitement that there is movement.  However, finding out that movement might mean I am moving further away from meeting my son has been a bit deflating. Waiting can be really exhausting, and I am starting to feel tired.  Adding to that the amount of paperwork that is inevitably in my future, I am definitely feeling that I'm going to need a power boost.

Adoption may be a fickle thing, but my Lord is not.  I believe that we are following Him through this journey. November can be a restful month.  There are no actions I can take to change things or anything I can do to speed the process.  I would like to use the month to find reassurance and calm and not let it become a month where I spend time stricken with anxiety.

I thank you all for following our story and for keeping us in your prayers.

Yours truly,

TG

No comments:

Post a Comment