Monday, November 26, 2012

Who is Rosebud?




So many of my posts are spiritual, and while that is a part of who I am, those who don't know me might think of me differently than I really am, based on this blog.  Our family is silly.  My conversations with my friends and co-workers do not usually sound philosophical and they are often about the silly things we've seen on television or funny stories about our families.  I dislike the idea that I may be unintentionally portraying myself and my family to be something we aren't.  This adoption journey has definitely  been spiritual, but I want my posts to reflect the silliness of who we are. I would like my adopting friends in Canada and the Netherlands to also know a more full and genuine idea of who we are.  I've decided to highlight each of us :)

So, I've decide to introduce you all to my family.  I am going to start with Rosebud.  She turned three this month, and she keeps us all on our toes.



Rosebud is feisty.  She loves to joke and tease. When she first meets people, she is really shy.  She buries her head in my chest and peeks out from under her curly hair.  Once she warms up,  she quickly finds a stage and shows off her dancing and singing skills.  She loves bossing people around and she has a growing sense of humor.  She is stubborn, sensitive, ornery, and sweet.  She has a preference about EVERYTHING and she is the girliest girl i would have ever imagined having.  She loves to help her dad cook and watches football with him.  She loves to snuggle with me and delay bedtime in anyway she can think of :)

We still have some time to wait until we find out in what ways our adoption story may unfold.  I thought this might be a fun way to spend that time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment