Friday, November 30, 2012

My Turn

An introduction of me.  Hmmm where to start.  (Having started writing this, I wanted to come back to the top and state the obvious in that this introduction has been harder to write than the other two.) You've already been introduced to my two most important people. My occupation is therapist, and I work specifically with kids and their families who have had particularly difficult experiences. I find myself to be quite funny, and so I tend to handle uncomfortable situations with attempted humor.  I interrupt people.  I am quite a mess and my organizational skills are unnaturally bad and something I have to work on over my entire lifetime.  I love people. I love trying to figure out their motivations, their internal experiences, their stories, etc. I love animals. I thought I would grow up to be a vet when I was little, and then I worked at the zoo for a summer and changed my mind. I get energy from being with my friends and I HATE to stay at home on the weekend.  I like to be an open book and share my thoughts and experiences in hopes that others can find what I say at least relatable if not encouraging. I have some very close friends, whom I have known almost my entire childhood.  I hang out with my parents and siblings ALOT.  I want to be a parent that enriches every moment of my child's existence, but sometimes I'm the tired mom at the end of the day that allows Rosebud to watch Bubble Guppies (a cartoon show) on our DVR for the 43rd time.  I love Jesus, but to know me is to know that I am a sinner. I love to sing and dance with my family.  We sing to musicals in the car, and Rosebud announces to us when it is our turn. There are many things that I want to be that I am not: graceful, calm, elegant.  But because those goals were unattainable I tried to just be comfortable and genuine, even if that means I am sometimes awkward and loud.

I think that about sums it up. Here is pic of me and the fam on a hayride earlier this fall.





No comments:

Post a Comment